Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Our year so far..............................

This has been an interesting year for us so far. Jarod was sick with the flu fom the middle of February to the end of March. And then, poor kid, he went to the dentist and they told us his mouth is severely over crowded and he needs 5 teeth pulled. So we are in the middle of that process now. 3 out and 2 to go. He has done so great with it though. We are so proud of him.
At school, Jarod is doing incredibly well. He is in the top reading and math groups in his class. Unfortunately he gets bored, so we have been looking at some alterenate schools for him. We found the Dry Creek School here in our district and think it will be the best match for him. It is an open classroom environment. There are only 3 classes per grade, with a maximum of 17 kids per class and the kids move around to work with whatever teacher is working at the level they need. They have an incredible science program as well as arts and languages. All students, from kidergarten to fifth grade have classes in Spanish. We got to go tour the school and talk to some of the students and teachers and we were very impressed. This school is very hard to get in to and we applied immediately. Jarod got accepted. So next fall he is moving to this new school. We are so excited. They call it a collegate preparatory school, that is exactly what Jarod needs.
Juan has been travelling for work quite a bit. He has been to Texas and California to present his research and will be going later in the month to Chicago. He is publishing a lot of his papers and working really hard.

Jenn is working really hard to keep it all moving smoothly. She volunteers several days a week at Jarods school. Jarod's teacher just had a baby so the substitute is really happy to have a mom in there that knows what is going on. Jenn lso has a new calling. She is still a ward missionary but has been called to teach a Sunbeams class in primary as well. She loves it and the kids love her.

As for the rest of the year...... we are going to Puerto Rico at the end of June and will be there until the middle of July. Juan's neice is getting married so it should be a fun trip. Juan is looking for other job opportunities and will be interviewing all over the place. ( we are really hoping for the interviews in Idaho to go well). We shall see what the future brings!!

5 comments:

P3 said...

Man, you guys have been busy. I'm glad Jarod is starting to feel better. Yeah, IDAHO! Hope all is going well there. I don't think I have your phone number, e-mail me at marcisant70 (at) gmail (dot) com so I can call you...

Jason and Lis Day said...

When are you guys coming back out to Utah! We'd love to see you! Adelynn is so big now!

Meredith Haag said...

Poor Jarod! And then on top of everything we went out of town for a while and so we never saw you guys for like..... EVER! So hopefully he stays healthy!

Meredith Haag said...

I'm putting an air freshener on your blog if you don't start updating! Get going! I know you have tons of cute pictures! Now start posting them! I'll give you 3 minutes! Ok, I'll give you a week!

the Jenks said...

Jenny and Juan! I found your blog through Merediths. Thank goodness! I think of you guys often and this will be great to keep in touch! Sounds like all is going well (in April anyway). How has the summer treated you? Idaho is so much closer to us! maybe we would be able to visit once in a while! Keep us posted! Glad you found a school for Jarod. I wish I could find something like that for my kids. I have to try to keep them interested and learning at home. See ya ~Heather